Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:35 pm 

Sadly selling my trail/adventure rig since I don't get to use it much anymore. This would be a great starting point for someone looking to get on the trail, or looking to build a crawler. --- Passed DEQ Test ---

Craigslist Ad - https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/6197129666.html

$4000 - Looking for cash, not trade.

This has many updates, the most important being TNT Frame Stiffeners and the rockers replaced with a 3x6x3/16th rectangular tube, all professionally welded in by JRE Automotive (about 16 hours for install and welding). The engine has never been apart and still runs strong. All drivetrain fluids are Amsoil. The engine has a JET chip, Gibson Headers, fully upgraded Ignition system, upgraded injectors, and most of the old sensors replaced (when needed), and Poly engine and transmission mounts. The transmission has a Shift kit and the set screw is turned all the way to raise line pressure, drastically increasing shift quality and holding power. The suspension is a Rubicon Express 2.5" lift with all bushings replaced with Poly. Tires are 31" BFGoodrich Mud Terrains on 15" Steel Wheels. The Rear Axle is a Ford 8.8 out of a 96 Explorer, with disk brakes and limited slip. The swaybar on the front is thicker than usual since this Jeep came with the police package, so it handles exceptionally well on the street. With the sway bar disconnected, it flexes like a champ. There is a CB mounted between the visors with a Tiger antennae on the cowl. headlights and fog lights are IPF. I'm probably forgetting more...

When I used to commute in this, it was getting over 20MPG. With the JET chip and Shift Kit, it is easy to drive long distance as the transmission doesn't hunt around anymore and the power is great all through the power band.

This is not a beauty queen, it has been used on many adventures, through many trails. The fenders have been trimmed to fit the larger tires with the low stance, and the rear quarter panels have been folded for extra clearance. There are also tow hooks in the front and a recovery eyelet in the rear.

Please text me with questions. 503-eight eight seven-5447 Looking for Cash, Make me an offer.

XJ, Cherokee, Jeep, Off Road, 4x4, 4 wheel drive, Fridge on wheels...

And I don't know why some photos are flipped...

File comment: Rock Sliders - tough with lots of clearance.
IMG_3575.JPG [ 110.08 KiB | Viewed 639 times ]
File comment: Yup, it's a Cherokee.
IMG_3582.JPG [ 120.09 KiB | Viewed 639 times ]