www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:37 pm 
Im not a player, I just post alot.

Vehicle: 4500ish TJ, 2013 Raptor SCrew
Hey All,

Been troubleshooting this issue off and on for a few months now and figured I'd ask the forum since there are so many guys that know these Jeeps better than I. It's a 2001 TJ SE, 4 cyl manual. No AC, pretty bare bones. Previous owner got a hold of some nail polish and painted half the dash and gauges dark red, so everything is already hard to read. Fixing those small issues, lights, new ignition switch, and looking over the dash for loose grounds so far, found two grounds but have no fixed the issue. It's got the dash plugs that go directly into the gauges instead of pressing into the dash like my 97.

Last weekend I dropped the tank and inspected the fuel sender and pump. All good. Ohm tested it and moved the sender arm. Good readings, same as my 97. I tried testing the gauges by holding the trip reset but it won't reset, they just die and the fuel stays at 1/4 tank no matter what. Soon as the key is on, 1/4 tank.

Any ideas? I was thinking the aftermarket hack radio install may be the culprit but I am not very confident in that theory. It's from Jeep Forum so I gave it some merit but doubt that's the case. My next thought is the dimmer or headlight switch that's dirty so I'll be checking that soon.

Thanks!