Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:08 am 
whew, finally

Vehicle: 2016 Tesla P100DL
2016 Infiniti QX80
2007 JK Rubicon
So I headed to Bend Oregon for a week. I went in not exactly knowing what I was getting myself into. I have to say that I pushed my brain to the limits. A lot of it was off camber, and really caused your brain to say, "I cant do this". My rig was perfectly capable of doing it.

May 24th, was a long drive, abut 360 miles. I got to Bend after leaving at about 12PM at about 6PM. We then headed to a nice brewery called Sunriver Brewery, in Sunriver, OR. Nice pretty rich town. A lot of huge houses.

May 25th - Edison Sno-Park
I guess was my trail run, I've never wheeled with these guys before. So they wanted to make sure that I was able to handle the few things that would have been thrown at me. So we headed to Edison Sno-Park. We headed up a path called Direct Current, Our goal was to get up to the AC/DC Shelter at the top of the mountian, and then go down the Alternating Current path. We were met with some resistance tho.

At the beginning of the path, it seemed nice, and easy.

This is about the time, that I said, RAD! Still a little snow!

Which quickly turned into a... Ok! Quite a bit of more snow!

Which was followed by getting stuck A LOT! Good thing I bought a Super Yanker from John!

Pretty rad, A LOT smoother than a tow strap!

View started opening up quite a bit, and we can short of see where we are headed!

Whoops... Stuck again.... Hopefully it will let off!

Maybe not.... Dang!

Glad I bought a 12k lb winch! Needed every last ounce of power to get up this hill! Pretty happy with the X20 Gen2 line.. No over heating or anything.

I found a new love for Synthetic line... Don't really care much for the steel line anymore. When you start pulling line every 30-40 feet to get up a hill, it makes all the difference!

This is about as far as we got before we gave up, and headed back down the hill!

dang it! High centered again! Someone give me a yank!

As we get down the hill, we cross this like lava flow, which looked pretty cool in person! Doesn't look that cool in pictures I suppose!

May 26th 2016, we went to Cline butte.

This has got to be one of the most gnarly places I've ever been.. Now someone didn't tell me we were going to run the most extreme trails that Cline has to offer. So I went in thinking, meh, shouldn't be too bad. We first started down Trail 37, which then went to Trail 34. 37 was easy.. 34 was fairly easy for the most part, but had some hard obsticles to go down, and up.

Now... Pictures do not do this much justice at all....

From the bottom... Still doesn't do it justice....

This is my old runner. I just happened to go last, and was after seeing this, lets say my brain was telling me... NO! Whats funny, is watching this back, I remember Justin saying, "What should I do?" and Jon saying, "Uhhhh" and there being like 10 minutes that passed... But in the video it doesn't show this... hahaha..

This is my run down it.... luckily I have A LOT more articulation than the 4runner has.... So It wasn't horrible, or sketchy, but a lot of mental holycrap!

There was also a pretty gnarly hill climb on Trail 34 that was a nice kick in the pants, I for some reason didn't get any video of me going up it.

Rest of the trail was pretty clean, until we settled down at the Play area, ate lunch, and played with some hill climbs and stuff.

Once we got done with playing, and eating. We then went up to Trails 15-18... This had to have been some of the most gnarly stuff I've seen. It's sort of on a ledge.... and there is just a lot of off camber situations.

This one was not too bad, but as your driving by the tree there, you can see all of the paint its taken along with it.

We called the 4Runner Perma-Sway... Because the IFS is like having a permanent sway bar... LOL :-)

Once we finished up Trail 16 I believe it was. We had some nice shots of the mountains.

We then got ready for Trail 17 and 18 I believe it was.

Looking back.

The Long Wheelbase of the 4Runner came in handy here.

I stalled out a few times here! Was embarrassing... But its life! 6 Speed, sort of stinks at times i suppose!

We came upon a nice little rock crawling area that you had to get past to get to the "Twisted Sisters"

We got up to the Three sisters.... Faith, Hope, and Charity....

Jon and myself took Hope up.... 4Runner took Faith.

I wish they got video of me... But here is some videos of the 4Runner going up Faith.

May 27th 2016 - Ground Hawg Rock Crawl Area

We got about half way up there, and hit snow. I aired down to 7PSI, and literally floated on top of the snow.

Jon just happened to air down a bit too low... HE was shooting for 10 PSI. He was pretty stuck, So I got to use my Super Yanker again... Thanks to Averton. :-)

Bit of a harder line here.... I am riding with Jon, he was the only one who was brave enough to try this...

10-15 into this one, and Whoops...

So Naturally I had to save him!

We had to air down the tire, get the rock out of there, and then I winched him out from the rear.Was sort of an ordeal, but we got him, back up, and once he pulled out his quarter panel, the body damage was pretty much none existent! I was surprised!

We then headed back down the mountain, and tried to make it up a "Unimproved road" to see some craters just right out of the federal park. We hit quite a bit of snow, so decided that we would bail on that, because we got tired of winching, but we did get to move a few downed trees with our winches, and snatch blocks, which in my opinion was the funnest thing out of that entire trip. hehe

We made a trip over to the Obsidian lava flow park right across the street, and got some good pictures.
http://192.64.72.132/pron/Offroad/Oregon%20Trip%202016/resize/img_4655.jpg
Big Image... Panoramic view!

IT was cool to see how much obsidian was just out in the open...

May 28th 2016 - Santium Pass
This was our sort of hang out day, I believe this was the first day that the park was open, So we went here to check it out... This was known for being a VERY VERY difficult set of trails, which the Park Ranger guy said they were going to make it a lot easier this coming year. They had the main trail, and then trails off to the side that you could take if you wanted a "challenge" I think their idea of challenge is far far different than mine...

This was the first Challenge that you can turn onto...

This was pretty much a Buggy built on a XJ chassis... It was pretty heavily done.

A lot of these people made this look EASY.... LOL

I'll have more as videos finish to upload... All of these videos are 4K videos.. So enjoy!

2007 JK Rubicon - RubiCloak (MetalCloak Lineup)

Last edited by Arisythila on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:41 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:19 am 
Venus Fly Tard

Vehicle: 2000 XJ Sport- Lifted, geared, locked, caged, armored, raced and rolled.
2008 JK Unlimited Rubi- Lifted, geared, caged, pickin' up groceries, rolled and in the shop.
:rock:

http://www.masterpull.com

bmfm64 wrote:
I've got a bad flipper.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:50 am 
Needy Fucker

Vehicle: '12 Moo
I was in Bend this weekend too, weather was a-ma-zing... Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:53 am 
Attention Whorse

Vehicle: 1993 YJ
2015 Ram 2500 6.4L
Looks fun. I grew up in that area and never get tired of all the lava rock, unless it cuts a tire :mad

When posting your tube videos, you just need this part after the forward slash https://youtu.be/SW0zStisMcY

Last edited by Myke J on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:10 am 
you guessed it, web wheeler

Vehicle: 07 JK
That's Pretty funny. We were there at 1100 on Sat in the parking lot. Didn't see you guys there. there was a group in a HUGE motorhome. :dunno: Maybe that was you. My brother in his JK, a maverick and my JK went all the way up :rock: . Spent the night at the Cabin, ate some steak killed some beer. woke up hung over, :brows: made a breakfast burrito and headed back down. If we would of seen you guys you could of seen your old bumper in action on my brother's JK. Next time let me know if you want and I can show you around. I had my tire pressure down to 2 pounds. The snow was like sugar. :cheers:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:12 am 

dr drae wrote:
I was in Bend this weekend too, weather was a-ma-zing... Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

you suck :f2:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:37 am 
Needy Fucker

Vehicle: '12 Moo
Jeepmonger wrote:
dr drae wrote:

you suck :f2:

:roflmao: We were down visiting my folks for the weekend, no Jeep, just our van... :(

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:48 am 

I need to learn how to read :thumbsdown: I just realized you said the 25th was when you were out there. Maybe next time :cheers:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:01 pm 
whew, finally

2016 Infiniti QX80
2007 JK Rubicon
I just updated the OP with more photos, and videos... All videos are 4K... So enjoy! :-)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:19 pm 
whew, finally

2016 Infiniti QX80
2007 JK Rubicon
Jeepmonger wrote:
I need to learn how to read :thumbsdown: I just realized you said the 25th was when you were out there. Maybe next time :cheers:

It's all good! We wanted to try it before anybody else got up there... It looked like a side-by-side may have made it up, or a snow mobile or something... But we were the first tire marks up Direct Current path! Ohhrah!

Wish we would have met up. I had no idea anybody was down there from here.. Would have been cool to have a few others!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:57 pm 
I'm secret-spot HOT

Vehicle: Snow camo'd 2000 XJ
You got stuck in that? Kids.... :f2:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:26 am 
whew, finally

2016 Infiniti QX80
2007 JK Rubicon
ChrisL wrote:
You got stuck in that? Kids.... :f2:

Stuck in what? LOL! I only got stuck in snow!!! I promise!