www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Liberty, Nov 1st
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:33 am 
whew, finally

Vehicle: '09 2dr JK
I have always heard Liberty can be pretty challenging in the rain as the mud gets super slippery and it's obviously super steep. I have been there a few times but always in the summer so it's usually dry and dusty. So my buddy Jason and I wanted a little challenge and away we went. We left our house about 8am. Drove through some crazy amounts of rain going over Snoqualmie Pass and around the lake but as the rain stopped and we got into Cle Elum the sun came out. We rolled through Cle Elum and we could see the promise land, and there was snow on top of it!! :rock: As we pulled off HWY 97 and unloaded our whole game plan changed, it was now a matter of how do we get to the snow the fastest! We decided the fastest, yet funnest route would be to run through town and up the FS road to the Hole in the Rock trail, 4w334. I knew the trail ran uphill and would drop us back out on the FS road and we could continue up from there. We started up 4w334 and it was pretty easy going, a couple of the hill climbs were slimy and with wet tree roots we were definitely slingin' mud and having a good time. About half way up we started to see our first traces of snow and within the next 1/4 mile of trail we were making new tracks in a couple inches of snow. The rest of the trail was fun as we were into the more difficult part of the trail, but with snow so it was lots of tire spin and good times. We then ran the FS road all the way up and around to Lion Rock figuring that'd be a good place for lunch. The FS road was mostly snow covered but heavily traveled due to it being opening weekend for elk. Once at Lion Rock there was about 3"-4" on the ground. We ate lunch, had a snow ball fight and played with the dogs for a bit enjoying our first snow of the year. After lunch we ran FS35 road over to Neely Creek trail 4w315, but there was a sign saying the trails east of 35 road are now closed. I didn't realize they closed. :dunno: But, not to push our luck we opted to skip it and run Crystal Ridge, 4w319, downhill. This was the most fun of the day. The top half between FS35 and FS3507 was still snow covered. The off camber parts through the trees were pretty butt puckering and a few of the downhills were just point and shoots. It was awesome!! We ran into a couple hunters dragging a nice spike out of the woods. The rest of 4w319 was just wet and muddy as we were below the snow line. The hill climbs were just as expected, super slick and fun. The last major climb I was full throttle, spinning all 4 just trying to keep momentum to the top, bounced of a tree root and just kept her pinned, I did not want to get stuck or have to slide back down. It was a great day! We didn't take a lot of pictures but here are a few.

Post subject: Re: Liberty, Nov 1st
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:39 am 
Needy Fucker

Vehicle: '12 Moo
:rock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:06 am 
Never go full Rich-ard

Vehicle: V8 TJ
Nice! Looks like a blast!

Overkill is under-rated

Quote:
When times get tough fat people get thin, thin people get dead.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:03 pm 
whew, finally

Love Liberty! That place is a blast when its slick and nasty. Hammer down is usually the only way to get around Liberty when its like that. There is no other place that I have wheeled where I use as much throttle as I do at Liberty.