www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Offroad Expo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:04 pm 
Offline
Freedom Steak!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:07 pm
Posts: 2888
Location: Covington
Vehicle: 99 xj
John and I took our wives this weekend to California for Offroad Expo and had a blast. Friday we toured Currie and got to see some new stuff they're working on and a quick tour through their production areas. Random knowledge I now have- Every 2.5 minutes a Johnny Joint is produced from a dedicated machine they run 9 hours a day. After Currie we checked out the show a bit and strategically placed 60 beers for later consumption. After some shenanigans in the parking lot and a Mexican dinner we all called it a night after a couple hours in the bar.

Saturday we started the day at the show about 9ish. Made a few laps and then got to work on the previously strategically placed beers. Had a great lunch at the Sheraton and then finished off the beers and made our way back to the hotel. Got cleaned up and then headed to dinner at Coco Palms with 30+ of our closest friends. 3 hours later we got out of there. I headed back to the hotel as I had an earlyish flight and John turned it up at the after party.

Woke up this morning to rain! Jumped on a plane and headed home to the sunshine! All in all, I had a great time and got to see a few friends and meet some new ones. It's definitely on my list for next year! Now on to the pics-
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

_________________
Wang90XJ wrote:
Point me to the Dongs :brows:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Offroad Expo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:08 pm 
Offline
Freedom Steak!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:07 pm
Posts: 2888
Location: Covington
Vehicle: 99 xj
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

_________________
Wang90XJ wrote:
Point me to the Dongs :brows:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Offroad Expo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:39 pm 
Offline
Im not a player, I just post alot.

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:42 pm
Posts: 1258
Location: puyallup
Vehicle: 99 TJ
08 Dmax
:thumbsup: always wanted to go to this. Thanks for sharing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Offroad Expo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:43 pm 
Offline
Needy Fucker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:08 am
Posts: 32822
Location: WA
Vehicle: '12 Moo
:rock:

The #99 car cleaned up nicely! :cool:

Is that stubby little housing for a straight line car?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Offroad Expo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:07 pm 
Offline
Pimp
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:41 am
Posts: 2894
Location: Mount Vernon
Vehicle: 97 Sport
Look at all that bling, i'm Jealous!

_________________
Jesus was my co-pilot until we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Offroad Expo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:15 pm 
Offline
Freedom Steak!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:07 pm
Posts: 2888
Location: Covington
Vehicle: 99 xj
dr drae wrote:
:rock:

The #99 car cleaned up nicely! :cool:

Is that stubby little housing for a straight line car?

John repainted the 99 car and reworked the front end a bit, put a couple vents in and fixed the nose dive damage! Looks bad ass right now!

The short housing was for a straight line car a 70+ YO guy built back in the 70s. The story goes that the car was sold years ago and was in a field in Texas when a tornado yanked the body (vega wagon) off it and deposited it in a field several counties away. A friend of the original builder saw the body in the new field and sent him a pic. He tracked down the body as well as the frame and is now fully restoring every nut/bolt. I thought it was pretty cool! :rock:

_________________
Wang90XJ wrote:
Point me to the Dongs :brows:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Offroad Expo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:44 pm 
Offline
Needy Fucker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:08 am
Posts: 32822
Location: WA
Vehicle: '12 Moo
bmfm64 wrote:
dr drae wrote:
:rock:

The #99 car cleaned up nicely! :cool:

Is that stubby little housing for a straight line car?

John repainted the 99 car and reworked the front end a bit, put a couple vents in and fixed the nose dive damage! Looks bad ass right now!

The short housing was for a straight line car a 70+ YO guy built back in the 70s. The story goes that the car was sold years ago and was in a field in Texas when a tornado yanked the body (vega wagon) off it and deposited it in a field several counties away. A friend of the original builder saw the body in the new field and sent him a pic. He tracked down the body as well as the frame and is now fully restoring every nut/bolt. I thought it was pretty cool! :rock:

That's a helluva story! :eek2:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group