Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 24 hours of wheeling
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:08 pm 
whew, finally

Vehicle: '94 YJ 5.3/TH400
"The jeep thing bit me, now I itch all over"
My girlfriend and I woke up at 4:30 Saturday morning, started the truck, were off to Enumclaw to meet up with a few buddies. We arrived at the meadow around 7:30 and unloaded the jeeps. Made it to the rocks a little after noon. The weather was not what we had planned it to be, -25F wind chill and gale force winds. Slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. We played for an hour or so on both rocks before we decided to cruise down rock creek rd and hit 410. Our stomachs were short of empty so we stopped at Gold Creek Station. After our late lunch/early dinner, a couple guys went home and the rest of us rallied up to Raven's Roost. Not to disappoint, the fog really got thick just beneath the last hill climb to the towers. After spending less than 5 minutes on top BSing with everyone the rains came in. We all called it a day and headed for the trucks. On our way down, the rain turned to hail. My eyes were safe and sound behind a good pair of safety glasses, but the skin on my face wasn't being protected by anything.
I arrived home at 9:15 and checked my phone. I had a couple messages from a few friends saying they were going to Elbe for an epic night run. I looked over to my girlfriend, she could see it in my eyes because this wasn't the first time I had this look on my face, and asked her if she wanted to go on a night run. She said she'd think about it while she let out the dogs and wound down for awhile. Meanwhile, I know I'm going so I look over the rig, check the fluids, and get it ready for a night in the woods with a cooler full of monster and a bag of chips.
We got home around 5:30 Sunday morning and instantly passed out. Jeep sat on the trailer until I had the energy to stick it back in her happy home, the barn.
There's only been a handful of times I've been wheeling back to back, but every time it's happened, it's been epic.

Attachments:
naches2.jpg
naches2.jpg [ 132.08 KiB | Viewed 2325 times ]
naches1.jpg
naches1.jpg [ 128.34 KiB | Viewed 2325 times ]

Post subject: Re: 24 hours of wheeling
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:21 pm 
Turns out, firewood DOES grow on trees!

Vehicle: FFZJ
That's awesome. The long weekends covering two different areas are always the best. How was the Busy? I've not been out all summer long. I stopped by the campground about a month ago and ran into WTF there for their work party. They said they were going to be economizing the rocks in the bottom. See any of that?

I need to get back there soon. Thanks for the report!

Wheel stud Kill count: 11
Perfect wheel/tire assembly ejections: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:34 am 
whew, finally

Vehicle: '94 YJ 5.3/TH400
I was up there two weekends ago when EVERYTHING was bone dry. All those holes on the Swamp were dry. I think it's the first time I remember it being that dusty.
Back to this past weekend, we ran Mainline, the extension, dropped into Alder, hit the rocks, cruised Easywild backwards, then to wrap up the night we ran the Busy backwards. The rocks at the bottom are definitely "smoother" than when WTF first arranged them. Some lines have a few initial ledges that need climbed before you get onto the rocks and others are a walk in the park. One guy I go with a lot makes everything look easy with his 130" wheelbase rig on 44's. What's the fun in that.
I like to think i'm Tim Cameron with a stock 4.0 :roflmao:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:45 am 
whew, finally

Vehicle: Hank
you are a true Jeeper. Love it!
SWAMPRUNNER wrote:
I like to think i'm Tim Cameron with a stock 4.0