www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: liberty 5/22-5/25
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:13 pm 
whew, finally

Vehicle: 1970 cj5
Took the cj out for it's first trip on the trails over the long weekend. On Friday it rained and everything was MUDDY. We ran the 319 trail about half way with plenty of winching involved. It was sloppy mud over the top of smooth clay. Down hills were three times faster than I would have liked. Saturday turned to sunshine after raining all night. We turned our attention to the west side of 97 to avoid the poker run. We ran 324 and 326. It started out slippery but dried quick very little winching was done this day. Sunday was all sun and no overnight rain left the trails nice but not dusty. We ran 319 in it's entirety and then hit a trail pointed out to us by the orv ranger to be more "challenging" that was just up table mountain road but still only bordered the game management unit. The third bumper dragging step up hill exposed a weak spot (besides my maybe 50hp engine) in that my fuel pump isn't strong enough to pull fuel in that big line going up hill at redline. After we primed the carb a couple times it started back up and I winched that hill and continued on. Lots of rocks, off camber and tight trees. I ended up feeling like the ball in a pinball machine off the trees and ended up with a bent windshield frame, more cracks in the glass, broken light bar mount and three new holes in the top but I made it. It didn't do to bad for a 45 year old jeep with the stock f-head and no power steering or for being my first trip on a trail ever. Going to fix a few issues with the suspension and the fuel system and hit it again!

Post subject: Re: liberty 5/22-5/25
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:07 am 
whew, finally

We ran the first half of 319 on Sunday. I haven't been to Liberty in a couple years and its changed a lot. None of us had to winch but there was a fair amount of skinny pedal usage. I was really happy w/ my MRT/K's. Compared to my buddies on OG MTR's and KM2's I didn't have nearly the trouble they did and got away with a lot less throttle usage than them. Always fun there though!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:39 am 
whew, finally

Vehicle: 99 XJ Lift and Tires
I wanna know more about this "challenging" trail. It's at the end of 319 and to the left up the loging road?

- 2009 KLX 250S
- 2000 Yamaha Blaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:38 am 
whew, finally

Vehicle: 1970 cj5
probably just challenging to me but what isn't. Very tight through the trees. But it was the end of 319 turn left and I think it was the first right after you leave pavement hit gravel on table mt. road. it looks like it is the 315-316 loop but it's not in the closed area according to the orv ranger and his maps. Although you see the signs on the correct side of the trail indicating the border of the closure area.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:14 am 
whew, finally

Vehicle: 99 XJ Lift and Tires
OK thanks. I will check it out next time I'm there

- 2009 KLX 250S
- 2000 Yamaha Blaster