www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:35 pm 
whew, finally

Vehicle: '09 2dr JK
A group of us planned to go snow camping a few months ago in hopes we'd have a ton of snow by this time of the year. The plan was, we'd go until we got tired of going and setup camp where ever we made it to. Well, the snow never really came but we decided to go anyway. We met in Enumclaw Saturday morning, topped off fuel and supplies and made our way up 410 to FS74/FS75 road.
airing down.
After we aired down we made our way up FS75 road and basically kept it in 2wd all the way to the 7530 turnoff for Lonesome Lake. 7530 had old iced over snow and it was currently raining so it was nice and slick. We got upto Lonesome lake and setup camp.
Here's a shot of the hi-rent district going together. The low rent guys pitched their tents under the covered area behind them.
Once we got camp setup it was time to do some shooting. A few of the guys turned the forest into WW3 with the sound of gunfire echoing though the mountains. After that we went off and did a little exploring. Since the snow wasn't too deep we were able to make it pretty far up NF410 road. We went as far as I felt comfortable taking the group. The snow got a little off camber and I didn't feel like putting anyone at risk. Here's a shot of me testing the snow before I decided not to push our luck.
After backing out of that scenario we screwed around some more making our own path through some deeper untouched snow and eventually went back to camp for dinner, beer and to burn some wood. Saturday nights events were just as you'd expect from 9 dudes around a campfire till 1:30 in the morning.

Sunday morning we woke up to clear skies and frozen Jeeps. We tore down camp and took off to do some more exploring. My buddy Jason and I got done at camp early so we cruised up NF410 again to chill in the sunshine. Our camp is right above my windshield in this picture.
This is the first time a couple of the guys used there offroad trailers on anything other then FS roads so they did some testing to see what they were capable of. This is the limit.
I had seen a road on Google Earth that I wanted to explore and that was my next destination. We were able to find the road pretty easily and the best part is nobody had been up it. It was untouched snow. I suggested to the group that they hang back since a couple guys had the trailers and roof top tent and we didn't know if they'd be able to turn around. So Jason and I took off up the road. It was awesome!! We went from 4800 ft elevation to over 5500 ft by the end and the whole time we were in anywhere from 1' to 3' of snow. We made our way to a really cool lookout and I radio'd back to the group that they could at least make it to that point.
While they made their way to us, Jason and I continued on up the road. Jason took the lead and we continued our way up the ridge in old/yet virgin snow.
This picture looks cool cause you can see where he backed up slightly a couple times to make another go at it.
This was really cool driving right at Mt. Rainier.
End of the road.

The group made it to the look out point and it was cool to see them as we made our way back. Brett took this awesome picture of Jason and I making our way back to the lookout point.
The group at the lookout point.

It was a fun trip to get out do some exploring and to just hang out with the guys. Man I wish we had more snow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:01 pm 
Needy Fucker

Vehicle: '12 Moo
Nice! :cheers:

Is there some sort of local JK specific forum?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:10 pm 
whew, finally

Vehicle: '09 2dr JK
The Northwest section of JK-Forum.com is probably the most popular. Otherwise there is a group on Facebook called NWJK that is pretty popular, although it's basically turned into a buy and sell or a place to post random stuff. I know a couple new JK owners on this forum are part of the Facebook group so if you're "friends" with them, they can invite you to the group.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:43 pm 
Im not a player, I just post alot.

Vehicle: What's left of a 98 TJ
Nice.

Those trailers look BA for an expedition wheeler. :thumbsup: