www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:10 am 
Pimp

Vehicle: 97 TJ Sport Kinda Built
Five of us met up for some Black Friday Wheeling.
It was Nichol, Mike M, Wade, Carlos and myself.
We started off on 311 and ran that all the was up. I had to take a couple
tries at the left line on brake line hill because I would loose traction on the slick rocks.
After 311 we ran "quickly" down to 520. We ran that all the way to the top. We then took the
road all the way back to the lower staging area and headed for 102. We ran the all the way up.
Mike's TRE's starting giving him problems so he decided to take off and putt home. The 4 of us
then went to 197. This is where the epicness began. The beginning rock face was easier than I thought
it was going to be since it was so slick out but all 4 of us crawled right up it. We got in about a quarter
of the way into the trail and it started pouring on us. That made it sloppy. We all got hung up on the crazy
root ball. I was the only one who got damaged on it. I was tired of being stuck so I mashed the gas and
got out but at the same time found a tree and smashed my passenger door surround which ripped my top.
Wade was next. He gave it a few tries and opted to pull rope. Carlos and Nichol actually listened to me
unlike Mr. Wade and made the obstacle with out damage. The whole rest of the trail was full of challenges. It
was probably the best time I have had out there either in a long time or ever. The 197 Trail Made it. We came out to
198 and decided to run it backwards and ran into the only people we saw all day. We came out at the road and decided
to call it a bay about 2:30. Was a great day. I stopped taking pictures when it started pouring. Wade might have video of the
root ball on 197.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:00 am 
Im not a player, I just post alot.

Vehicle: TJ
It was a good run. I dont go to evans to often, but we had a blast. The most fun I had at evans

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:16 am 
whew, finally

Vehicle: Hank
We enjoyed the 197 and the use of duct tape at the end of the run. Wade has a new beauty mark on his windshield frame. Great group to wheel with. ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:34 pm 
whew, finally

Vehicle: 2014 JKUR
That Silver tj on ORI struts is tall! Conditions look great - thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:19 pm 
Pimp

Vehicle: 97 TJ Sport
I had a great time and, like Nicole said, got a few new love marks on the Jeep. Here are the pictures I got:

And the one of the damage I received. I should be able to fix the windshield header for the soft top and bend the light bracket back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:22 pm 
Turns out, firewood DOES grow on trees!

Vehicle: FFZJ
beyatch wrote:

I like this section of the 197. The more it clears off the better it gets. Great report.

Wheel stud Kill count: 11
Perfect wheel/tire assembly ejections: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:23 pm 
whew, finally

Vehicle: 99 TJ
I thought about meeting you guys up there. I went Saturday morning and we ran all day until way after dark. It was awesome, looking at your pictures, what a difference a few hours make. Upper 520 (rock pile) had about a 1 1/2 feet of snow. The snow was perfect, great traction all day.
When I got there the "Y" was full of empty trailers, people were staging in Wilkison, Carbonado, 311 staging was full. It was weird we didn't see a single rig all day except for a few ATV's and Razer's.
The 197 climb where you guy's had the problems, was a foot or more of snow, we all walked right up, like I said great traction. It was a blast.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:18 pm 
Pimp

Vehicle: 97 TJ Sport
I did a little work to fix the things I broke. I bent the light bracket back, then fixed the windshield header:

The corner of it broke off
This is what the good side looks like, it's just a few plastic pieces that are riveted into the main beam:
So I drilled them out on the side that broke and cut off what was remaining of the plastic pieces:

Then used some plumbers tape to splice the two pieces back together:

It seemed to work pretty good: