www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Moab 2014
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:01 pm 
whew, finally

Vehicle: '09 2dr JK
Myself, my wife and a few of my friends rented a townhouse in Moab for 6 nights. Jeremy trailered his Jeep down, Jason, Kim and I drove our Jeeps down. We left Saturday morning and drove to Salt Lake City for In-N-Out and to meet up with Jeremy and Tami as they left a day earlier to detour through Oregon. We stayed at a Best Western in town and headed out Sunday morning. We were on the road for about 15 minutes when we see blue and reds in the rear view. Apparently, Jeremy's window tint on the truck is too dark. After a "fix it ticket" we were on the road again. We got into Moab at about 2:00, had some lunch then headed over to the townhouse. Pretty nice place, we were there long enough to remove our gear, tops and doors and we were off to the first trail. Ran Hell's Revenge for a good warm up trail. It was a perfect trail to get warmed up. Lots of optional lines to get your blood flowing. Thinking back though, I wish we would have done it a little later in the trip. I wasn't up for flopping the first day so I didn't try Hells gate or escalader. Kinda bummed about it now but oh well, something to look forward to for next time.

Monday was a no wheeling day. Half the group went paddle boarding in the morning and the other half of us went river rafting. I've never done that before but I had a blast. I definitely want to do some more extreme rapids. After rafting, we did some small repairs and tweeks on the Jeeps, drank lots of beer and played Cards Against Humanity. OMG! That game is :rotflmao2: when you're drunk!!!

Tuesday was a light day also. We decided to get a lot of the "sight seeing" out of the way. We ran Potash Road, to White Rim trail to check out Mussleman Arch then doubled back to Shafer Switchbacks. After the switchbacks we jumped on Gemini Bridges trail and went to play on the bridges. We wrapped Tuesday up with a delicious Shrimp Boil put on by Jason's wife April.

Wednesday is when the fun began. First trail up was Metal Masher. Fun trail, good optional obstacles. Jeremy tried Rock chucker first, got denied. That's a huge obstacle! Next up he tried Widow Maker. I thought for sure he had it. He crawled right up it but just as the back tires were cresting the front tires ran into another ledge and he sat there for quite some time just spinning all 4. Eventually it took him way right and pinched between a rock and a big ass hill. We put some tension on a winch rope and he was able to drive up from there. Fun obstacle. After Metal Masher we said goodbye to Kim and Steve as they had to leave town that night. Jeremy, Jason and I went over to Rusty Nail. That was a fun trail!! Jeremy didn't have any issues with it but it was a definite challenge for Jason and I in our short 2 doors. Lots of fun, side hill, pucker factor, veritcal climbs, wheel stands oh my! Probably the biggest challenge since I've had my Jeep. After Rusty Nail it runs us upto the Golden Crack so we played there and ran all the fun Golden Spike obstacles and down Gold Bar Rim trail. Fun, Fun day.

Post subject: Re: Moab 2014
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:02 pm 
whew, finally

Thursday was another fun day. The three Jeeps went over to Behind the Rocks trail. That was a fun trail with good ledges and lots of scenary. The arches on Lone Rock were really cool and a great place for lunch. After lunch we made our way to Hi Dive and Upchuck. Nobody wanted to go down Hi dive although Jeremy went up it. That was fun to watch. Serious technical climb and he made it unassisted. We all three went up Upchuck. After a lot of cool ledges, switchbacks, whatever we made our way to White Knuckle. That is a BIG drop. Jason and I hooked up sissy straps. It was fun.

Friday we went to Area BFE. Hoping there would be some people there. We all talked about running Helldorado, Jeremy really wanted to and I had kind of a hinkering to but with not another sole there we opted to walk it and leave with our vehicles still in tact. I think Jeremy regretted it the second we left. After leaving Area BFE and only playing in the playground a little bit we went to Arches National Park for some sight seeing. Did some hiking, took some pictures. It was fun. After Arches we ran Poison Spyder Mesa trail upto Little Arch or whatever its called. We hung out there and watched the sun set. We let the sun go down so we could run PS back down at night. The Christmas tree (jasons jeep) led the way down. That's a fun trial to run at night. Those ledges really sneek up on you.

Saturday we walked town a little in the morning to buy shirts and stuff then loaded up and headed home. Of course with another stop at In-N-Out. It's always tough leaving that place. I'm already planning my next visit. Hopefully it will be less "vacation" and more "wheeling." Pritchett Canyon, Helldorado, Green Day and still planning.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:26 pm 
Dragon Wang

Vehicle: Aluminum Falcon
Great trip report! :thumbsup: Looks like a blast.

www.instagram.com/pnwjeep_com
www.instagram.com/pnwjeep_yj
www.instagram.com/offtrackmotorsports

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:07 pm 
Needy Fucker

Vehicle: '12 Moo
Wang90XJ wrote:
Great trip report! :thumbsup: Looks like a blast.

Indeed. Jealous! :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:43 pm 
whew, finally

Vehicle: Jeepless
It's a small world, i just bought a trailer off your buddy Jeremy through craigslist this afternoon. I've never met him before or seen his rig, come on here and bamn, there it is. Looks like a blast, killer pics and report!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:42 pm 
I'm Fun Sized!

Vehicle: 00 TJ
92 Cherokee
84 Yota
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rock: :rock: :rock:

... "And knowing is half the battle" G.I.JOE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:25 pm 
whew, finally

Vehicle: '94 YJ 5.3/TH400
Right on! :rock:
Bad ass pictures. Thanks for sharing! Gets me pumped for my trip.

I'm leaving in the morning.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:13 am 
drinks are on me!

Vehicle: Stock '13 JK Unlimited
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing! :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:47 am 
Venus Fly Tard

Vehicle: 2000 XJ Sport- Lifted, geared, locked, caged, armored, raced and rolled.
2008 JK Unlimited Rubi- Lifted, geared, caged, pickin' up groceries, rolled and in the shop.
This report is full of WIN!!

http://www.masterpull.com

bmfm64 wrote:
I've got a bad flipper.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:26 am 
Pimp

Vehicle: 97 Sport
Great trip report and thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:03 am 
whew, finally

Thanks guys. My wife had the camera most of the time so a lot of the photo credit goes to here. :rock:

Jeremy coming up Hells Gate

Me coming up Upchuck

Me going down white knuckle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:13 pm 
whew, finally

Vehicle: 2014 JKUR
Oh man! Love the white knuckle vid :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:40 pm 
you guessed it, web wheeler

Vehicle: JK
Great looking trip, looks like a ton of fun! I believe I sold my spiderwebshade to the white Jeep with all the stickers, hope it helped out in the Moab.