www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Snow Wheeling Saturday
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:46 am 
whew, finally

Anyone want to go find some snow on Saturday? I'm thinking something on I90, maybe go over to Van Epps/Gallaher Head region if conditions are looking worth it and hit that one more time before it closes, somewhat open to other destinations too though. I think it'll be pretty bad wheeling conditions but still worth going out!

You should have lockers and be able to air down to single digit PSI.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:30 pm 
Dragon Wang

Vehicle: Aluminum Falcon (Stormtrooper Edition)
snow wrote:
Anyone want to go find some snow on Saturday? I'm thinking something on I90, maybe go over to Van Epps/Gallaher Head region if conditions are looking worth it and hit that one more time before it closes, somewhat open to other destinations too though. I think it'll be pretty bad wheeling conditions but still worth going out!

You should have lockers and be able to air down to single digit PSI.

I'm down till my new driveline shows up next week.
However, I am curious about Van Epps/Gallagher Head and when it closes. That is one place I've never gone to and your trip reports always look amazing from there.

http://www.facebook.com/TKOMotorsports
http://www.auburncarrepair.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:10 pm 
whew, finally

Wang90XJ wrote:
I'm down till my new driveline shows up next week.
However, I am curious about Van Epps/Gallagher Head and when it closes. That is one place I've never gone to and your trip reports always look amazing from there.

The trails are technically only closed April - June 15, but they are accessed by FS4330 and that is a groomed snowmobile road so it is essentially closed winter until June 15. When 4330 closes has no date, it closes when there's enough snow to pavement and the groomers want to get started. Last few years it's been sometime in December I think. FS website says it's still open with 2 feet of snow at 3400ft.

If I go there, I doubt I'll get closer than a few miles to the lake but by this time of the year it's about the journey of trying. The end of that road to the lake is steep and is seriously hard to get up with even a foot of snow.