www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:09 pm 
Offline
you guessed it, web wheeler

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:10 pm
Posts: 22
Vehicle: 59 Willys Thing
Wanting to play in the snow Saturday Dec 26 thinking about going up road to Evans creek and past if able and if time allows turn around and go back to surprise lake area. Meet at y at 9 am. Any interest, locked and low air hopefully needed. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:34 pm 
Offline
I'm Fun Sized!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:45 pm
Posts: 2103
Location: Lake Tapps
Vehicle: 00 TJ
92 Cherokee
84 Yota
I'm in!!! See you Saturday

_________________
Lone Wolf Image

... "And knowing is half the battle" G.I.JOE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:02 pm 
Offline
you guessed it, web wheeler

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:15 pm
Posts: 26
I'd really like to be able to ride with you folks. Couple questions:

I think the Jeep I got is capable of this but do you recommend I not go? I wheeled back in the day with a TJ but it has been a while. I've been itching to take this rig out on the trails but don't want to go on my own.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:08 pm 
Offline
I'm Fun Sized!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:45 pm
Posts: 2103
Location: Lake Tapps
Vehicle: 00 TJ
92 Cherokee
84 Yota
Watcha got???

_________________
Lone Wolf Image

... "And knowing is half the battle" G.I.JOE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:15 pm 
Offline
you guessed it, web wheeler

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:15 pm
Posts: 26
Model:
1989 Jeep Cherokee “Laredo”, 6 Cylinder, 4.0 Liter engine
4sp Automatic Transmission, AW4, and Part time, NP 231J

Engine:
6 Cylinder, 4.0 Liter,
Custom LCA bushing engine mounts
Custom Intake with Extra Large K&N cone filter
Accel cap, rotor, 8mm silicone wires and Champion sparkplugs
Larger capacity oil filter (Mobile 1)
HO stock tubular exhaust manifold (gasket matched) with custom down pipe, high flow cat, and Flowmaster muffler, all 2.25 diameter pipe
Closed to Open cooling conversion with 2 row Aluminum
185 amp +small pulley high output alternator in stock housing
Largest fitting battery
Custom “1/0” ground cables and power cables to engine block, chassis, Starter and Battery
Custom “4/0” alternator cable
Upgraded fuel injectors

Transmission:
4sp Automatic Transmission, AW4, with 21 spline output, new CPS and cleaned NSS

Transfer Case:
Custom HD 231CJ Tera low
6 gear planetaries, Wide chain, and gears out of a NP231C
JB conversions Heavy Duty Short Shaft Slip Yoke Eliminator

Drive shafts

Stock front drive shafts in both front and rear

Front Axle:
D30 factory disconnect housing with cast UCA mounts.
4.88 Randy’s Ring and Pinion Gears and Spartan Locker
Chromo shafts
“Solid” Nodular Iron Front diff cover, JKS LCA skids
Yoke with “U” bolts instead of straps
Off Road Only U-Turn Steering Kit

Rear Axle:
D44 from 1987 Jeep Cherokee
4.88 Randy’s Ring and Pinion Gears Detroit Locker
Chromo Shafts
Raised shock mounts
“Solid” Nodular Iron diff cover
Yoke with “U” bolts instead of straps

Wheels/Tires:
15 x 8” Black Steel Wheels
33 x 12.5 R15 Swamper Mud Terrains

Front Suspension
BDS 4.5” lift coils (240lbs/in spring rate) w/ 2" spacer
Custom adjustable super flex upper and lower Control Arm’s
Top eye conversion and Bar Pin Eliminator on front shocks
Disco front sway bar
HD Reinforced trackbar mount and adjustable trackbar

Rear Suspension:
Modified Rock Krawler/RE 4.5” spring pack
2" Lift shackle and adjustable shackle mounts
Rusty’s shocks with flush lower shock mounts
Removed rear sway bar

Protection:
Stock front skid with added lower lip reinforcement
Stock gas tank skid
DPG Belly Pan
Rusty’s Engine/Trans Skid Plate
2nd stock cross member behind Belly Pan
Custom 1/8” steel lower “Belt Line” panels

Front Bumper:
3”x6”x3/16” rectangular tube
Steering box reinforcement and Lower skid plate
2” receiver and two 10K “D” rings
5 gal of compressed air at 120psi with quick connect for air hose
Custom 1.5” DOM stinger and light guards

Rear Bumper:
3”x6”x3/16” rectangular tube
Wrapped under lower quarter panels
2” receiver and two 10K “D” rings
7 gal of compressed air at 120psi with quick connect for air hose

Rock Sliders:
Custom 2”x3/16” rock sliders with 1.5” HREW tube extensions
4 “arms” to attach to the frame and 15 bolts per side to attach to the pinch seam
1.5” HREW tube front flares and 1.5” HREW tube rear flares to come eventually

Cage:
NWHBC designed and built “Custom” Cage
Top Exterior halo with gutter sliders and flat top rack
Exterior “A” pillars under front fenders
Interior “B, C, and D” pillars with shoulder bars and lower “V” supports at “B” pillar

Accessories:
Ramsey 8,000lb worm drive Industrial winch mounted on custom portable mount with 25ft cables able to be mounted on front or rear bumpers
On Board Air with stock AC pump, 12gal of compressed air at 120psi and 25ft of air hose
Hella “E” code crystal headlights with 55w-100w bubs, on custom wire loom
4 Hella 6” driving lights on custom folding light mount on roof rack
3 Rock Lights, 1 under each front fender, 1 above rear axle
Large Diaphragm Brake Booster swap from ZJ and Rusty’s SS braided brake lines
Cobra hand held CB with Wilson 3000 antenna


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:35 pm 
Offline
Im not a player, I just post alot.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:39 pm
Posts: 1302
That's a very thorough answer!

Why 2 transfer cases?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:44 pm 
Offline
Im not a player, I just post alot.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:03 pm
Posts: 1168
Location: bremerton
Vehicle: TJ
Lol

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:13 pm 
Offline
you guessed it, web wheeler

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:15 pm
Posts: 26
In case one fails of course.

It was just the description that I got from the guy I got it from. My apologies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:00 pm 
Offline
you guessed it, web wheeler

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:10 pm
Posts: 22
Vehicle: 59 Willys Thing
Cherokee sounds plenty set up, let's see how it works. Glad to have you along Mike.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:04 pm 
Offline
you guessed it, web wheeler

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:15 pm
Posts: 26
I have no idea where the meet-up spot would be in case I did want to ride along. Any chance of getting that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:08 pm 
Offline
you guessed it, web wheeler

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:10 pm
Posts: 22
Vehicle: 59 Willys Thing
after bridge at y where carbon river road goes left and evans creek goes right up hill


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:09 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:19 pm
Posts: 7
Vehicle: 97 TJ 35's ARB locker warn 8274
Im in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:15 pm 
Offline
you guessed it, web wheeler

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:15 pm
Posts: 26
I think I found it. Sorry I'm new to off-roading in WA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:20 pm 
Offline
I'm Fun Sized!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:45 pm
Posts: 2103
Location: Lake Tapps
Vehicle: 00 TJ
92 Cherokee
84 Yota
:thumbsup:

_________________
Lone Wolf Image

... "And knowing is half the battle" G.I.JOE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:13 pm 
Offline
whew, finally

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:02 am
Posts: 103
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Vehicle: '97 XJ, some lift, some tires and some dirt (sold, currently jeep-less)
I'm in!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:21 am 
Offline
Im not a player, I just post alot.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:03 pm
Posts: 1168
Location: bremerton
Vehicle: TJ
MrBaker wrote:
I think I found it. Sorry I'm new to off-roading in WA.

We all were new at some point. Come out follow directions from the experience drivers and u will have a great time

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:04 pm 
Offline
you guessed it, web wheeler

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:15 pm
Posts: 26
Couldn't find a babysitter and wife didn't want me to go by myself. *sigh*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:20 pm 
Offline
whew, finally

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:50 pm
Posts: 110
Location: Mount Vernon
Vehicle: Spider Monkey
MrBaker wrote:
Model:
1989 Jeep Cherokee “Laredo”, 6 Cylinder, 4.0 Liter engine
4sp Automatic Transmission, AW4, and Part time, NP 231J

Engine:
6 Cylinder, 4.0 Liter,
Custom LCA bushing engine mounts
Custom Intake with Extra Large K&N cone filter
Accel cap, rotor, 8mm silicone wires and Champion sparkplugs
Larger capacity oil filter (Mobile 1)
HO stock tubular exhaust manifold (gasket matched) with custom down pipe, high flow cat, and Flowmaster muffler, all 2.25 diameter pipe
Closed to Open cooling conversion with 2 row Aluminum
185 amp +small pulley high output alternator in stock housing
Largest fitting battery
Custom “1/0” ground cables and power cables to engine block, chassis, Starter and Battery
Custom “4/0” alternator cable
Upgraded fuel injectors

Transmission:
4sp Automatic Transmission, AW4, with 21 spline output, new CPS and cleaned NSS

Transfer Case:
Custom HD 231CJ Tera low
6 gear planetaries, Wide chain, and gears out of a NP231C
JB conversions Heavy Duty Short Shaft Slip Yoke Eliminator

Drive shafts

Stock front drive shafts in both front and rear

Front Axle:
D30 factory disconnect housing with cast UCA mounts.
4.88 Randy’s Ring and Pinion Gears and Spartan Locker
Chromo shafts
“Solid” Nodular Iron Front diff cover, JKS LCA skids
Yoke with “U” bolts instead of straps
Off Road Only U-Turn Steering Kit

Rear Axle:
D44 from 1987 Jeep Cherokee
4.88 Randy’s Ring and Pinion Gears Detroit Locker
Chromo Shafts
Raised shock mounts
“Solid” Nodular Iron diff cover
Yoke with “U” bolts instead of straps

Wheels/Tires:
15 x 8” Black Steel Wheels
33 x 12.5 R15 Swamper Mud Terrains

Front Suspension
BDS 4.5” lift coils (240lbs/in spring rate) w/ 2" spacer
Custom adjustable super flex upper and lower Control Arm’s
Top eye conversion and Bar Pin Eliminator on front shocks
Disco front sway bar
HD Reinforced trackbar mount and adjustable trackbar

Rear Suspension:
Modified Rock Krawler/RE 4.5” spring pack
2" Lift shackle and adjustable shackle mounts
Rusty’s shocks with flush lower shock mounts
Removed rear sway bar

Protection:
Stock front skid with added lower lip reinforcement
Stock gas tank skid
DPG Belly Pan
Rusty’s Engine/Trans Skid Plate
2nd stock cross member behind Belly Pan
Custom 1/8” steel lower “Belt Line” panels

Front Bumper:
3”x6”x3/16” rectangular tube
Steering box reinforcement and Lower skid plate
2” receiver and two 10K “D” rings
5 gal of compressed air at 120psi with quick connect for air hose
Custom 1.5” DOM stinger and light guards

Rear Bumper:
3”x6”x3/16” rectangular tube
Wrapped under lower quarter panels
2” receiver and two 10K “D” rings
7 gal of compressed air at 120psi with quick connect for air hose

Rock Sliders:
Custom 2”x3/16” rock sliders with 1.5” HREW tube extensions
4 “arms” to attach to the frame and 15 bolts per side to attach to the pinch seam
1.5” HREW tube front flares and 1.5” HREW tube rear flares to come eventually

Cage:
NWHBC designed and built “Custom” Cage
Top Exterior halo with gutter sliders and flat top rack
Exterior “A” pillars under front fenders
Interior “B, C, and D” pillars with shoulder bars and lower “V” supports at “B” pillar

Accessories:
Ramsey 8,000lb worm drive Industrial winch mounted on custom portable mount with 25ft cables able to be mounted on front or rear bumpers
On Board Air with stock AC pump, 12gal of compressed air at 120psi and 25ft of air hose
Hella “E” code crystal headlights with 55w-100w bubs, on custom wire loom
4 Hella 6” driving lights on custom folding light mount on roof rack
3 Rock Lights, 1 under each front fender, 1 above rear axle
Large Diaphragm Brake Booster swap from ZJ and Rusty’s SS braided brake lines
Cobra hand held CB with Wilson 3000 antenna


I wrote that description probably more than 10 years ago!
I don't know of anyone else who would write a description like that ;)
It was a very capable wheeler and Very capable in the snow!
I am sure it has lots of changes but I hope it treats you well!

Michael

_________________
Michael


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snow Run
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:41 pm 
Offline
Im not a player, I just post alot.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 pm
Posts: 1668
Location: Anacortes, WA
Vehicle: '69 Bronco
2xtreme wrote:
MrBaker wrote:
Model:
1989 Jeep Cherokee “Laredo”, 6 Cylinder, 4.0 Liter engine
4sp Automatic Transmission, AW4, and Part time, NP 231J

Engine:
blah blah blah....


I wrote that description probably more than 10 years ago!
I don't know of anyone else who would write a description like that ;)
It was a very capable wheeler and Very capable in the snow!
I am sure it has lots of changes but I hope it treats you well!

Michael


I've said it once, I'll say it again; the hardcore Jeep world is a small and tight-knit one.

Baller

_________________
Nemo me impune lacessit.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group