www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:31 pm 

I drive a 2006 Grand Cherokee Laredo, i did a 2" rough country lift and put on some General A/T tires measuring 265/70 R17. Ive had some rubbing issues in the front wheel wells and had to cut out part of the plastic fender cover as well as part of the pinch weld to keep from destroying the tires. The information sticker on my side door panel has the factory size tire listed as 235/60 R17 and the computer and gearing set for that at well. Is there anywhere in Portland Oregon or Vancouver Washington that can adjust the settings for me. Where they are right now my speedometer will read 65 mph and my GPS will read 71 mph. And im pretty sure im not getting a proper reading on my mpg display, and i track my mileage for work and worry that my mileage could be wrong as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:10 am 
Village Elder

Vehicle: '04 Jeep LJ, '72 Toyota FJ40 LandCRAWLer
Without doing anything else mechanically, you can get a Speedo Healer and give the computer the signal it needs to reflect the correct speed. It goes in between the vehicle speed sensor at the t-case output and the wiring harness. You then set the error factor, in your case about 9% and then all is good. The website doesn't show Grand Cherokees so a request for more info would be wise.

http://www.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/products_ht.html