Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: TK build
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:58 pm 
Im not a player, I just post alot.

Vehicle: 98 TJ 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
"97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rolled"
Started a new build I am calling the TK. If you listen to http://www.nwjeepcast.com we have been giving updates on the build during some of the podcasts. I picked up a 98 TJ auto hard top with full doors for $500!!!! Got it from a lady that could not trade it into my work since the last owner lost the Montana title and she never got it transferred into her name before she moved to WA. I managed to use my dealer skills and got a new title a few months after buying it. I have picked up almost all my build parts for it and can’t wait to get on the trails this summer. This is my first wrangler and I have had years of day dreaming to come up with this build. I am doing a LCG 2” lift with long arms and a 1.5” body lift to run a tummy tuck. I built some JK rubi 44s with artec TJ to JK swap kits. I am running 5.13 gears with chromoly shafts and factory rubi lockers. I picked up gen right aluminum high line fenders front and back with aluminum full corners to go with it. I want this to be a low and light jeep. I will be running new 35” pitbulls unless I sell them before I finish the build. If I sell them before it’s done I will end up with 37s or maybe even 40s. I got the 35s originally to go on my ZJ before I bought the TJ. I plan on swapping the 3 speed auto out for a 4 speed so I can still drive on the freeway in an acceptable RPM range. I have tons more parts that will go on some time in the next couple month. My wife and I are having our first kid this June so I picked up an 04 back seat with a latch system so I can take my boy out some day wheeling. If any one has 03-06 rear seat hardware let me know my 98 hardware is different than the newer seat with latch. It’s got the 2” springs already on it so I rolled the tires up to see the rough stance. It’s gonna look great with the genright parts and the LCG stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timbertamers.org

Buy a car from me at Lee Johnson, Chevrolet, Mazda, and Kia.

Post subject: Re: TK build
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:02 pm 
Pimp

Vehicle: 1 ton CJ-7
5.9 ZJ 2.0" 31's
5.9 ZJ 3.5" 32's
5.2 ZJ 5.5" 35's
Didn't catch that you were having a baby, congrats!

The rest is cool too I guess :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:11 pm 
you guessed it, web wheeler

Those tires look really aggressive. Any more updates?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:48 pm 
Im not a player, I just post alot.

Vehicle: 98 TJ 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
"97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rolled"
ImageImageImageImage

Pulled the carpet and hit the floors with a wire wheel to get off the surface rust then painted it with a rust prohibiter. Put down some bedrug and it’s amazing how much it changed the look of the inside. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Added some Genright aluminum high line fenders and Genright inner fenders. There is so much more room now I could easily flex out 40s. I had to cut 3”s out of the hood to mount the fenders. I also got my led marker and turn signals wired up. I had to replace the flasher relay under the dash with a EP26 led relay so that the lights flash at the normal speed instead of flashing fast like there is a light out. Next on my list is installing the rear Genright corners and flairs plus the new tail lights and sliders. It’s almost ready for the JK axles and new wheels and tires. Before I mount the long arms I will need to do a safetcap on the frame and replace all the rusted areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timbertamers.org

Buy a car from me at Lee Johnson, Chevrolet, Mazda, and Kia.