www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:47 pm 
Offline
whew, finally

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Vehicle: '95 YJ
Decided to build a scale crawler. This is an Axial SCX10 Honcho kit, converted to 4 link in the rear, re-did the links to make the wheelbase fit the body. Using a Mamba Max ESC, 55T Brood motor, Hitec 5990TG servo, and a Castle BEC. The body and interior kit are both ProLine parts. It will get it's first real test at the NWSRC competition Sunday at Kanasket Palmer

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:28 pm 
Offline
Never go full Rich-ard
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:08 am
Posts: 35918
Location: Auburn, WA
Vehicle: V8 TJ
Nice!

_________________
Auburn Car Repair & Offroad, for ALL your offroad needs! 253-939-5019
http://www.auburncarrepair.com
Quote:
Overkill is under-rated

Quote:
When times get tough fat people get thin, thin people get dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:22 pm 
Offline
Team Cupcake
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:08 am
Posts: 4042
Location: Middle of Effin nowhere...MO
Vehicle: 97 TJ & 97 XJ
Looks good :thumbsup:

Mine will be done eventually..............

_________________
Two time and reigning Scavenger Hunt Champions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:14 pm 
Offline
I'm really Rebecca Black
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:12 pm
Posts: 6564
Location: Renton, WA
Vehicle: 2000 Frameless wonder
Super awesome! :rock:

_________________
2000 Cherokee, 4.0, AT, power windows, custom wheels and tires.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:53 pm 
Offline
Needy Fucker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:08 am
Posts: 32823
Location: WA
Vehicle: '12 Moo
=D>

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:49 pm 
Offline
whew, finally

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Vehicle: '95 YJ
Thanks guys, I was pleased with how it performed, and had a blast running in a comp setting for the first time in over a year.
Couple pics from yesterday.

Not quite the right line...
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:17 pm 
Offline
Needy Fucker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:08 am
Posts: 32823
Location: WA
Vehicle: '12 Moo
Hey, I know that line! :roflmao:

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:22 pm 
Offline
White Doug
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Posts: 3711
Location: Sherwood, OR
Vehicle: 97 TJ with a HEMI
07 CTD quad cab ,5.9l ,6spd, Jake brake
dr drae wrote:
Hey, I know that line! :roflmao:

Image



:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

_________________
Hemi, Ton's, 4d's and stuff


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:31 pm 
Offline
Pimp
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:08 am
Posts: 2969
Location: Spokane Washington
I showed this to my kid and he about flipped! He has an SCX10 and just bought a JK body for it because he couldn't find an Xj body...

_________________
'84 XJ Chief 2DR - 4" lift, 31"s, & running on Home Brewed Biodiesel
'96 XJ Sport 2DR - streetable trail rig with a bunch of home-brewed junk on it
'92 XJ Limited - 2" lift & 30"s - otherwise bone stock: SOLD
'01 WJ Laredo - bone stock Wife's DD & grocery getter: SOLD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:59 pm 
Offline
whew, finally

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Vehicle: '95 YJ
CheaperJeeper wrote:
I showed this to my kid and he about flipped! He has an SCX10 and just bought a JK body for it because he couldn't find an Xj body...


The XJ body is made by ProLine, if you are in Kent, and don't already know about the place, I recommend Remote Control Hobbies in Covington. They should be able to get whatever you need for the kid's crawler.

http://prolineracing.com/rock-crawling-bodies

They made a Comanche body, but now it's in the "legacy" area, so I'm not sure if it's disco'd or what.
http://prolineracing.com/legacy-rock-crawling/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:37 pm 
Offline
Pimp
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:08 am
Posts: 2969
Location: Spokane Washington
Todd1803 wrote:
CheaperJeeper wrote:
I showed this to my kid and he about flipped! He has an SCX10 and just bought a JK body for it because he couldn't find an Xj body...


The XJ body is made by ProLine, if you are in Kent, and don't already know about the place, I recommend Remote Control Hobbies in Covington. They should be able to get whatever you need for the kid's crawler.

http://prolineracing.com/rock-crawling-bodies

They made a Comanche body, but now it's in the "legacy" area, so I'm not sure if it's disco'd or what.
http://prolineracing.com/legacy-rock-crawling/

Yup, that's where he bought the JK body - because they didn't have any Xj bodies...

_________________
'84 XJ Chief 2DR - 4" lift, 31"s, & running on Home Brewed Biodiesel
'96 XJ Sport 2DR - streetable trail rig with a bunch of home-brewed junk on it
'92 XJ Limited - 2" lift & 30"s - otherwise bone stock: SOLD
'01 WJ Laredo - bone stock Wife's DD & grocery getter: SOLD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:25 pm 
Offline
whew, finally
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm
Posts: 903
Location: Not at Paul's Mom's. That place is packed!!
Vehicle: 89 XJ
CheaperJeeper wrote:
Todd1803 wrote:
CheaperJeeper wrote:
I showed this to my kid and he about flipped! He has an SCX10 and just bought a JK body for it because he couldn't find an Xj body...


The XJ body is made by ProLine, if you are in Kent, and don't already know about the place, I recommend Remote Control Hobbies in Covington. They should be able to get whatever you need for the kid's crawler.

http://prolineracing.com/rock-crawling-bodies

They made a Comanche body, but now it's in the "legacy" area, so I'm not sure if it's disco'd or what.
http://prolineracing.com/legacy-rock-crawling/

Yup, that's where he bought the JK body - because they didn't have any Xj bodies...

Tammys Hobbies here in Beaverton has the XJ bodies.

_________________
Jeep
Suburban
Subaru
Nash
Scorpio


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:02 am 
Offline
whew, finally

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Vehicle: '95 YJ
motornoggin wrote:
Tammys Hobbies here in Beaverton has the XJ bodies.


Tammy's is great, they do ship, and Ryan down there is one of the true founders of the RC crawler scene. :thumbsup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:43 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:53 am
Posts: 8
Todd1803 wrote:
motornoggin wrote:
Tammys Hobbies here in Beaverton has the XJ bodies.


Tammy's is great, they do ship, and Ryan down there is one of the true founders of the RC crawler scene. :thumbsup:


I second that, you can't buy or get advice from anyone more knowledgable or involved with passion in the hobby.

How the heck are you Todd, long time no see. Hope all is well

Cheers,Jason


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:10 am 
Offline
whew, finally

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Vehicle: '95 YJ
Been a long time Jason, all is well, glad to see you're still around, and hope all is good with you as well :thumbsup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:53 am 
Offline
you guessed it, web wheeler

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:37 pm
Posts: 55
Location: West Seattle
Vehicle: Just a MR2 for now
wanna trade for a 4x4 nitro truck?? or maybe sell it? i know its not a sale ad but everyones has a number... :dunno:

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:02 am 
Offline
whew, finally
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:20 am
Posts: 683
Location: Arlington, WA
Vehicle: Jeep
Looks fake. Left rear quarter glass should be busted out with duct tape covering the opening.... :lol:











Just kidding, looks great! I love the detail. :cheers:

_________________
2015 Poison Spyder BrawlerJK
Poison Spyder Customs
Rock Krawler Suspension
Northridge4x4
Masterpull
Factor55
Rigid Industries
sPOD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:10 am 
Offline
It's ok, I'm ADD!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:42 pm
Posts: 1875
Vehicle: Tiny cow
Boosted wrote:
Looks fake. Left rear quarter glass should be busted out with duct tape covering the opening.... :lol:











Just kidding, looks great! I love the detail. :cheers:



I agree! thats how I remind myself that mine is real!

_________________
Blue jk on 37s.




Galford wrote:
I just want to smoke huge amounts of Medical Marijuana without worry....Then take Yager shots and do donuts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: XJ Scale Crawler
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:24 pm 
Offline
whew, finally

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Vehicle: '95 YJ
Thanks guys, not looking for any more nitro stuff, and want to get rid of the Revo I have.
'm not looking to sel, but if you're seriusly looking to buy a scale truck, shoot me a message and I can steer you toward some guys that may be able to help.

Todd


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group