www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Axail xr-10
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:04 am 
whew, finally

Vehicle: 2000 TJ wrangler, 4.0L, AX 15, Atlas 3.0 T-case, RE 4.5" long arm lift, HP Dana 60s F/R ARB front Detroit rear 35 spline shafts, 5.13 gears, 37 inch MTRS 17 inch D.I.Y Beadlocks, WARN 8274 winch, Gen right Finders, and flowmaster super 40 muffler, CB, VHF Radio, On board air Gen Right body armor with custom nerf bars,... (A work in progress)
looking at getting a axial XR-10.

i would like to know the good and the bad about this crawler.

And what kind of radio, motors and esc to use.

Born and Raised in the (Eldorado Dust Devil) 4x4 Club

Eldorado Dust Devil Member

Post subject: Re: Axail xr-10
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:12 am 
whew, finally

Vehicle: 4runner with stuff Rocking a 3.0
I have heard they are a good start but are requiring a fair amount of upgrades before they hold up to abuse well.

The rest of the parts will be more money then the actual crawler will be.

I would recomend looking around and buying a used ready to go crawler, they are a much better deal. Also stick with MOA(Motor on axle) unless you are going for the scaler side of things.

warcrc.org is the local board, they might be able to help you out a little more with that.

www.rccrawler.com/forum/ has a section devoted to the XR-10 and many others. Its a great resource.

Good luck its another expensive addictive hobby! :thumbsup: All new parts for a complete working comp crawler is going to run you $1000 bucks plus most likely closer to $1500, used is going to cost you alot less.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:14 am 
whew, finally

Vehicle: 2000 TJ wrangler, 4.0L, AX 15, Atlas 3.0 T-case, RE 4.5" long arm lift, HP Dana 60s F/R ARB front Detroit rear 35 spline shafts, 5.13 gears, 37 inch MTRS 17 inch D.I.Y Beadlocks, WARN 8274 winch, Gen right Finders, and flowmaster super 40 muffler, CB, VHF Radio, On board air Gen Right body armor with custom nerf bars,... (A work in progress)
i have a a TLT and a AX-10 both are comp crawlers. iv been playen with these crawlers for about 3 years now. i just want to know what im getting my self into befor i buy a XR-10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:22 am 
whew, finally

cody2000TJ wrote:
i have a a TLT and a AX-10 both are comp crawlers. iv been playen with these crawlers for about 3 years now. i just want to know what im getting my self into befor i buy a XR-10

Very cool!

I dont have an xr-10 but from what I have heard the weak points are the knuckles, steering linkage, and gears. I belive upgrades are somewhat available but are hard to get right now. :bang:

Mine is a Hotracing MOA axle rig that is apart for some upgrades right now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:45 am 
whew, finally

it looks like alot of people have had problems with th rear axle gear bearings failing witch makes the gears fails. iv found upgrades for this. but my main ? is how i would setup the front and rear dig, what radio to use and esc to acomplish that,

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:53 am 
whew, finally

cody2000TJ wrote:
it looks like alot of people have had problems with th rear axle gear bearings failing witch makes the gears fails. iv found upgrades for this. but my main ? is how i would setup the front and rear dig, what radio to use and esc to acomplish that,

I have front and rear dig,

The easy way to do it, 3 ch radio with 3position 3rd channel. Punk Dig switch, tekin fx-r. Done for an MOA rig. It works great and its very simple.

There are a few ESCs out there or that are coming out that are suposed to have this built in. You can also run multiple ESC and a switch or somthing along those lines. Mine came with a punk in it and it works great!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:54 pm 
you guessed it, web wheeler

get a bully and dont look back! we arent. and i have tried a bunch of different rigs, and they are all sitting on the shelf. although i do like my losi comp crawler.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:17 pm 
whew, finally

super samurai wrote:
get a bully and dont look back! we arent. and i have tried a bunch of different rigs, and they are all sitting on the shelf. although i do like my losi comp crawler.

I just ordered a few new parts for mine.... upgrade here I come. I am sure I will be out to play after I get it back together, test and tune sorta thing and you have a nice course for that and a few crawlers to compare to.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:29 pm 
whew, finally

Eric wrote:
cody2000TJ wrote:

I have front and rear dig,

The easy way to do it, 3 ch radio with 3position 3rd channel. Punk Dig switch, tekin fx-r. Done for an MOA rig. It works great and its very simple.

There are a few ESCs out there or that are coming out that are suposed to have this built in. You can also run multiple ESC and a switch or somthing along those lines. Mine came with a punk in it and it works great!

yeah i have been looking at the punk dig set up and it looks like it works really well so i think im ganna buy one of those it i choose to get a XR-10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:30 pm 
whew, finally

super samurai wrote:

im more of a AXAIL fan my felf i have owned a few of them in tha past and have been very happy with them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:36 am 
whew, finally

cody2000TJ wrote:
super samurai wrote:

im more of a AXAIL fan my felf i have owned a few of them in tha past and have been very happy with them.

The advantage of a bully based rig is the already beefed up parts. I have moved some really big rocks(40+lbs) with mine sometimes you get in a bind and a little abuse gets you out. The reason I would even try is the beefed up parts. Mine is not bully based but they are built up axles.

The xr-10 is new but if you wait a little while I am sure you can find one used. The advantage of the Axial rigs is all the plastic parts are cheap and easy to get, but I dont like replacing parts or having my rc fall apart on me in the middle of some fun.

Good luck :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:55 am 
whew, finally

I know what you mean. thanks for the info, but i have to finish my jeep first, befor i buy anouther toy :bang:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:34 pm 
you guessed it, web wheeler

cody2000TJ wrote:
super samurai wrote:

i was an axial fan too, till i got a bully! it is tough to make a axial do the things a bully can and with less carnage. i have had my share of axials also, but from experience you'd love the bully. either way it is about having fun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:33 am 
whew, finally

super samurai wrote:
cody2000TJ wrote:
super samurai wrote:

i was an axial fan too, till i got a bully! it is tough to make a axial do the things a bully can and with less carnage. i have had my share of axials also, but from experience you'd love the bully. either way it is about having fun.

yup its all about haven fun and pissen away money :spend