www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:00 pm 
Im not a player, I just post alot.

Vehicle: '69 Bronco

This poor leftist didn't know what she was getting herself into. She's getting roasted all over Twitter today. I don't do the Facebook, but I'd guess she's getting the same treatment there. There's zero intellect on the left. The "party of science," as it turns out, actually isn't.

Baller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 pm 
Delicious Meat Replacement

That guy is smart AF.

"The man who has done his level best, and who is conscious that he has done his best, is a success, even though the world may write him down as a failure." – BC Forbes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:30 pm 
Medium Pulp

RickMac wrote:
That guy is smart AF.

I really enjoyed how he stayed on point and methodically responded...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:23 am 

And the predicable response from the left.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/cat ... 70031.html

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/01/2 ... -bullying/

Baller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:38 pm 
Pimp

Vehicle: 2001 XJ
Man!.... Where are all of these "agreeable" women at ???

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HOME OF THE FREE,
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

http://www.AsgElectric.com
http://www.auburncarrepair.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:53 am 
I like the cloven hoof

Vehicle: '05 LJ
I feel I'm in the unusual position of having a lot of family, associates, and friends, on both "sides" of the political spectrum that are both intelligent and well meaning in their positions. With that in mind, I generalize that anyone far from the center on either "side" has been brainwashed by the biased leanings of their applicable media.

The statement: "There's zero intellect on the left. The "party of science," as it turns out, actually isn't." is awkwardly biased. I don't know either of the people in the interview but deduce from watching that she is a argumentative feminist everybody was kung fu fighting (not an example of a moderate left), and he is acutely logical (neither indicating left or right political bias). In fact I'd state that across the spectrum of people I've been exposed to, he comes across as a typical moderate, that being someone intelligent enough to look at each issue and come to a personal conclusion without allowing a political party to dictate his opinion.

Allowing oneself to be aligned with either party precludes making logical decisions on a given subject and in my experience doesn't actually align with very many people. The left biased news falsely represents typical Republican's traits, while the right biased news falsely represents typical Democrat's traits.

I like to use the following examples:
Most Rs I know think weed should be legal and gays should be able to do whatever they want, but if you look at the PR bullet points of the R party, they are essentially the opposite. The essence of these opinions being the true root of keeping government out of our daily lives.
Most Ds I know believe in the the right to bear arms for people without felonies and that we need to keep more tax dollars within the US for infrastructure improvements and spend less on worldwide charity , but if you look at the PR bullet points of the D party, they are essentially the opposite.

Biased news media on both sides would have you believe that all people on the "other" side are extremist, but I think that's largely just keeping their biased captive audience and doesn't represent the average american.

To sum it up, the humpty dance is your chance to do the hump the everybody was kung fu fighting in the video, she's just a poor example of a human.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:59 am 

Lezbone wrote:
I don't know either of the people in the interview but deduce from watching that she is a argumentative feminist everybody was kung fu fighting (not an example of a moderate left), and he is acutely logical (neither indicating left or right political bias). In fact I'd state that across the spectrum of people I've been exposed to, he comes across as a typical moderate, that being someone intelligent enough to look at each issue and come to a personal conclusion without allowing a political party to dictate his opinion.

Allowing oneself to be aligned with either party precludes making logical decisions on a given subject and in my experience doesn't actually align with very many people. The left biased news falsely represents typical Republican's traits, while the right biased news falsely represents typical Democrat's traits.

Agreed. She is acting out the victim mentality and portraying him as the representative tyrant she needs him to be. I caught a video about the interview yesterday. He indicates that she was pleasant until the camera's were rolling; at which time she completely changed her tone.

I think you CAN align to a party and still make logical decisions, but would imagine that it is very difficult. Doing so would likely create a lot of personal conflict as you try to sift through false narratives and seek truth. I'd estimate that is one of the leading reasons that the vast majority of our population ISN'T on the far ends of the spectrum. He has the added benefit of not only being highly intelligent, but he also has a tremendous amount of courage. Taking the position he has in the face of the legislation that was passed in Canada has profoundly changed his life over the last 15 months.

"The man who has done his level best, and who is conscious that he has done his best, is a success, even though the world may write him down as a failure." – BC Forbes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:07 pm 

[quote="RickMac"]She is acting out the victim mentality and portraying him as the representative tyrant she needs him to be.[quote]

This is exactly right. People can say the leftists they know aren't extremists, but the fact is, the left has mainstreamed it's extremism. When Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Pelosi, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Keith Ellison, et al. are the leaders and face of your party that openly supports BLM, Antifa, MeToo, Women's March, The Resistance and other movements, your party is, without question, extreme.

Baller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:57 pm 

Baller wrote:
RickMac wrote:
She is acting out the victim mentality and portraying him as the representative tyrant she needs him to be.
Quote:

This is exactly right. People can say the leftists they know aren't extremists, but the fact is, the left has mainstreamed it's extremism. When Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Pelosi, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Keith Ellison, et al. are the leaders and face of your party that openly supports BLM, Antifa, MeToo, Women's March, The Resistance and other movements, your party is, without question, extreme.

Baller

Careful, you're committing a logical fallacy; a sweeping generalization. Which, if you pay any attention, is essentially the heart of each extreme left/right narrative. The few represent the many; your party leadership thinks this way, so you must to. But that is not true. The vast majority of the population lean left/right, but align to a more moderate distribution across the continuum (think bell curve, vs two opposing pareto graphs).

I am, by many friendly accounts, a lefty. I doubt that any of my friends would ever (seriously) identify me as an extremist. That is, I hope, due in most part to how I actually THINK independent of my 'party'.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:22 pm 
Dragon Wang

Vehicle: Aluminum Falcon
If you have some time to kill I highly recommend checking out JP's appearance on Joe Rogans podcast. Drae and I talked about this a lot when it first came out. He is very intelligent and fascinating person to listen to.

www.instagram.com/pnwjeep_com
www.instagram.com/pnwjeep_yj
www.instagram.com/offtrackmotorsports

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:27 am 

Wang90XJ wrote:
If you have some time to kill I highly recommend checking out JP's appearance on Joe Rogans podcast. Drae and I talked about this a lot when it first came out. He is very intelligent and fascinating person to listen to.

:thumbsup: Worth a listen.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:03 am 

RickMac wrote:
Wang90XJ wrote:

:thumbsup: Worth a listen.

For the listening folk.

Baller

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the ... 0385275262

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:53 am 
I like the cloven hoof

Vehicle: '05 LJ
Here's a newer Joe Rogan podcast with Jordan Peterson from this January. Great conversation to listen in on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T7pUEZfgdI